Apple cider vinegar is commonly known for its excellent natural beauty and health benefits. Since the days of Hippocrates, around 400 BC it was already used as a potent medical treatment for several patients.
ACV is high in acids such as citric, acetic, and malic plus enzymes, vitamins, amino acids, and mineral salts. It is widely used to treat problems like common colds, hypercholesterolemia, arthritis or muscle pain, diabetes mellitus, and other weight issues because of the antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory property. If you want to help keep your skin or be it your hair to look glowing, healthy, and beautiful then ACV can do it for you. This all-purpose agent is slowly creating its name in the beauty industry with its list of advantages.
Despite all of this, to get the optimal beauty and health benefits you want achieve, utilize only its unfiltered and raw versions because these kind of ACV has preserved the original enzymes and still is in its unpasteurized form. Below are the list of some beauty benefits of ACV.
Prevents Acne and Pimples Skin problems
Skin problems like pimples and acne are commonly seen on teenagers but can be cured by a bottle of ACV. So keep one closely. With its antibacterial agent and antiseptic property, it prevents pimples or acne from appearing by purifying the skin’s pores from any bacteria, oil, or other pollutants. It also gives back the orignal pH of the skin to avoid the deadly zits.
1. Mix one part unfiltered ACV, one part raw and two parts of filtered water
2. Soak the cotton ball on a solution of this mixture
3. Apply on the affected part of the skin
4. Leave it on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with clean warm water
5. Apply again more than twice daily. And do it for several days
Works as a Skin Toner
ACV is advisable for people who have skin that is oily by nature. Because of the astringent property of ACV, it very easy to solve this problem. Moreover, ACV is a high source of an acid called alpha hydroxyl which tends to increase the blood flow allowing the skin to look fresh while tightening the pores as well.
1. Put in a mixture of 1/2 cup ACV plus filtered or distilled water will do. If you want, you can also put some drips of any essential oils like lavender for instance.
2. Apply the solution evenly on the skin with a piece of cotton.
3. Leave it for a few minutes. Rinse with cold water.
4. Apply it one or two time every day. Shake the solution before using it.
However if your skin is normal, add one part ACV and two parts water and create a skin toner. If your skin is sensitive, add on more water to the solution (one part ACV plus four parts of water) then use it infrequently and be sure to perform a patch test first before using the solution regularly.
Note: if you use the toner, the smell of the ACV may linger for the meantime but it will eventually diminish as it dries on your skin.
Say Goodbye to Dandruff
Having dandruff can be very embarrassing most of the time. Usually this problem can be very difficult during the cold season because of the drier weather.
Dandruff can cause both your scalp and hair to get oily and flaky due to the presence of dead skin. While this is disgusting enough to picture out, it also leads to another problem like itchiness and scaly scalp as well as white flakes on top of your hair or on your clothing.
ACV has an antifungal ingredient that helps fight and control dandruff. Furthermore, it restores the pH of the scalp and helps clean the hair follicles and clogged pores.
1. Add up 2 tbsp of ACV and 2 tbsp water
2. Mix with 10-15 drops of oils like tea tree
3. Apply on the scalp and massage slowly for a few minutes. Then leave it for 5 minutes.
4. Wash with water then put your regular shampoo
5. Use the solution as a treatment for two to three times per week
Freedom from Smelly Feet
Foot smell is a very common and another embarrassing problem second to dandruff. This is when your feet give off a bad odor due to the presence of bacteria plus sweat. ACV’s anti- microbial ingredient solves this unpleasant smell by disinfecting your feet.
1. Make a foot soak with one cup ACV and four to five cups warm water
2. Soak the feet in this solution for 10-15 minutes maximum
3. Then wash with water afterwards and an anti- microbial soap
4. Use this natural home treatment once every day for several weeks
During summertime, our skin is more prone to damage. Because of the harmful UV rays your skin can easily get sunburned. Sunburn is painful most of the time and causing your skin to change in color (red) and sometimes presence of blisters can be seen in extreme cases.
ACV can be used to treat sunburn. Because of its natural astringent formulation, it soothes the pain and aids during the course of healing. It also calms the skin sensitivity, inflammation, and itching.
1. Mix a proportional amount of cool water and ACV.
2. Put the solution onto the sunburnt skin area.
3. Repeat more often daily for several days until you can see any improvement.
4. You can also choose to add a cup or two ACV in a bathtub. Fill it up with lukewarm water then soak on it for 30 minutes. Do this daily.
Makes Hair Shiny and Healthy
ACV treats your hair salon- like and bee amazed of the then shiny and soft hair afterwards. Due to its clarifying property, it can remove the buildup on the scalp and hair caused by shampoos and styling products that causes severe damage. It also maintains the scalp’s pH level.
1. Mix 1/4 cup ACV plus two cups water.
2. After quick shampooing, apply the mixture onto your scalp and hair
3. Massage gently. Let it for several minutes then rinse.
4. Use once per week only